In July, Cheyenne Randolph, one of our Client Relationship managers, flew from LAX to ORD to stay at the Swissotel Chicago and discovered what it's like post COVID-19. The 4-star hotel is located minutes away from the Chicago Riverwalk, which made for some great view once upstairs. Cheyenne recounts her visit below.
My first stop upon arriving at the hotel was check-in, a process that had completely changed since I'd last stayed at a hotel. The changes made helped put me at ease as I arrived in a new city. These changes included:
- Plexi glass from the coffee shop to the check in counters in the lobby
- Offer masks for you if you don’t already have one
- Wiped down my card after swiping
- Self service parking to eliminate contact through valet
I had the opportunity to speak with several members of the team at Swissotel Chicago about the measures they've put in place post COVID-19. The staff included Patrick Cook, Director of Sales and Marketing, Obeddie Hawkins, Director of Revenue Management and Brittany Robbins, Marketing Manager for the hotel. As a member of the Accor Hotel group, the hotel follows the All Safe and Well procedures, while also adhering to state and government laws.
Some of the measures included:
- 6 foot space markers at check in and elevators
- All frequent touch points being cleaned regularly
- Elevators have one touch point on outside with a two person limit
As you can imagine, staying in a hotel room is a bit different at the moment, the staff informed me that at the time of my stay, there was a 48 hour resting period between each guest staying in the room,
Other things I noticed were:
- No mini bar items
- Remote controls are individually wrapped
- Single use shampoo, conditioner and soaps
At the time of my stay the hotel wasn't open fully, however, the gym was open with equipment being disinfected consistently. In terms of spa services, while the hotel does not have an on-site spa, they do offer in-room spa services, which were available at the time of my visit.
This year is Swissotel Chicago's 40th birthday anniversary, so they've tried incorporating touches of joy into guests experiences like this door that opens up to a cute surprise!
Meetings and events
In terms of Meetings and events, Swissotel Chicago works with their clients to make sure all safety and cleaning protocols are being met following the All Meet Well guidelines put in place by Accor. In meetings, attendees receive kits with masks and sanitizers and receive a temperature check each day. Finally, food and beverage is set up before the attendees have arrived and the space is disinfected after each meal.
Food and Beverage
When it came to dining options at the hotel, there were several:
- Modified hours in-room dining option
- The Palm with indoor/outdoor seating available on a beautiful patio with views looking out to the Chicago River. Guests were seated 6 feet apart and menus were wiped down after use ( the food was delicious too)
- Amuse Bar and Lounge for grab and go breakfast items on the weekend
"Overall I felt very comfortable staying at the Swissotel. The friendly staff and excellent cleaning standards eased any concerns I previously had and I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Chicago."