Safer travel starts here
Are you ready to get down to business? Your road warriors and jetsetters need to know you've got their back. The landscape of business travel has changed. Pent-up travel demand coupled with post-pandemic staffing shortages have led to flight cancelations, overbooked planes, queues, and other inevitable wobbles.
To keep your travelers feeling confident (and safe), they need support and assistance – anytime, anywhere. So they're less stressed, more productive, and less likely to jump ship. We can help with that.
How can you keep your travelers safe? Prep them on safety procedures before, during, and after travel – and equip them with a travel management tool that takes it from there.
Your travelers need to know what’s what.
While they pack their bags
- Brief your travelers: Let them know you're prepared for any travel hitch by taking them through what plans (and backup plans) you've in place to get them from A to B without a hitch.
- Cover the basics: Make sure your employees are up to speed when it comes to your corporate travel policy, health and safety policy, and the risk assessment for their trip.
- Update contacts: Make sure your travelers' profiles are up to date, including next of kin information. Provide them with details for 24/7 support and the emergency contact numbers for your travel insurance provider.
- Teach them the tech: Run them through your travel management technology, and make sure they have the Melon Mobile app: it’s the perfect way to stay in the know while on the move.
- Trip-specific details: Make sure they know about all the health and fitness aspects of their travels and visa and vaccination advice.
- Standard procedures: Inform them of any standard procedures they need to follow, like sending a text message or email when they arrive at their destination.
On the road
- 24/7 support: If things don't go as planned, your travelers need to know who they can turn to for support. Make sure they have a way to get help via chat, email, or phone – whichever is most convenient for them.
- Traveler tracking: Provide traveler tracking technology to locate at-risk travelers.
- Updates and alerts: Implement crisis response plans to contact, locate, and inform your traveler in an emergency.
Safe at home
- Follow up: It's a good idea to survey your travelers after their trip. Make sure they understood the safety procedures and ask them for feedback.
A good travel management company (TMC) makes duty of care simple. With decades of experience, we'll help you analyze risks and develop a plan for your travelers – before, during, and after travel.
While you pack your bags
- Control bookings: Identify high-risk bookings or out-of-policy bookings.
- Set up travel alerts: Keep you and your travelers informed of potential disruptions.
- Maintain traveler profiles: Always have the information you need at your fingertips, including the most up-to-date emergency contact information for your travelers.
On the road
- 24/7 support: Support your travelers in emergencies. Melon provides 24/7 access to travel experts anywhere, on any device.
- Traveler tracking technology: Melon's traveler tracking technology means you always know where your travelers are.
- Updates and alerts: If something does go wrong, Melon can notify your travelers immediately. Get automatic updates and alerts for delays, cancelations, and travel disruptions.
- Peace of mind: Delays, en route COVID positive tests, lost luggage. We've got you covered with the answers you need. In every hotel we work with, to help you on the ground.
Safe at home
Regular reporting: Spot out-of-policy bookings and risky destinations so you can tighten up your travel policy compliance.
When it comes to traveler safety, keep three things in mind:
- Plan ahead
- Train your staff
- Communicate updates to your employees and key stakeholders.
With businesses left and right re-forecasting budgets as business travel picks up, there's a lot of pressure to get the budget right. Resources are being cut, and traveler safety needs have increased, making it an overwhelming task. Melon can help with that too.