Flexible corporate hotel rates are just one of the advantages of working with a travel management company. However, while a discounted rate may work wonders for your bottom line savings, its benefits are slower to filter down to your travelers themselves. But it is possible to reward your travelers, as well as your bottom line, by choosing hotels which offer value-added benefits.
What are value-adds?
Value-adds are additions to hotel stays designed to improve the comfort and well-being of your business travelers, at no extra cost to you. They range from room upgrades and free breakfast to complimentary bottled water and discounts at the hotel restaurant.
What do business travelers really want?
But what do the business travelers themselves want from their hotels? A recent survey by the Flight Centre Travel Group, our parent company, set about discovering exactly that.
The answers, in order of preference, were:
3. Late check-out
4. Room upgrade
5. Early check-in
Luckily, these five top answers are also some of the most popular inclusions to feature in Corporate Traveller’s unique SmartSTAY program which, in addition to flexible rates, provides three complimentary value-adds at hotels across the globe. Of SmartSTAY’s participating hotels, 95% offer free Wi-Fi and 85% include free breakfast as one of their three inclusions, so we’re clearly on the right track.
The benefits of SmartSTAY
SmartSTAY’s inclusions are a great addition to our customers, who benefit from both bottom line savings and improved comfort and well-being for their travelers. At the same time, travelers are more likely to book with preferred suppliers in hotels they actually want to stay in, as well as adhere to their company’s travel policy.
Available only through Corporate Traveller, SmartSTAY offers business travelers a wider choice of properties and value-adds than anywhere else in the world. Participating hotels range from luxury to low-cost and cater for all tastes and locations, something that the survey also revealed to be important to our corporate clients.
The survey results also revealed three of our most popular hotel destinations to be London, New York and Dubai, so we’ve chosen a hotel from each to demonstrate the inclusions you can benefit from as part of Corporate Traveller’s SmartSTAY program:
St James Court - A Taj Hotel 4* (Westminster London)
Sandwiched between Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament, this luxury Victorian hotel offers elegant and sophisticated rooms and world-class dining.
· Michelin-starred Quilon restaurant, serving fine southwest Indian cuisine
· La Sultane de Saba Wellbeing spa with bespoke pampering and beauty treatments
· Fleet of vintage and classic cars available for airport transfers and day trips
· Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access
· Complimentary 2 hours late check-out
· Complimentary upgrade to next room category (subject to availability)
Fairmont The Palm Dubai 5* (Palm Jumeirah, Dubai)
A luxury hotel boasting an idyllic beachside spot on Dubai’s coveted Palm, Fairmont The Palm is the ultimate in desert comfort.
· Six restaurants and lounges serving top class cuisine from all over the globe
· Choice of four swimming pools and access to 800m of swimmable beach
· Health Club, fitness centre and award-winning Willow Stream Spa
· Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access
· Complimentary breakfast
· Complimentary early check-in at 10am and late check-out until 5pm (subject to availability)
The James New York – NoMad 4* (Corner of East 29th Street and Madison Avenue, New York)
A boutique hotel built in a fresh yet classic style, The James is a welcoming hotel just a few minutes’ walk from two subway stations.
· James Club serving pastries, tea and coffee available in the lobby from 6am to 8am
· Advanced room technology including the James Mobile App and keyless room entry
· 24-hour fitness centre with Peloton exercise bikes
· Complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi internet access
· $10 hotel credit (per stay)
· Complimentary early check-in and late check-out (subject to availability)
To find out more, or to add more flexibility to your travel program, contact your Corporate Traveler Travel Manager