Traveling to Canada
Canada is back!
Are you ready for some maple-syrup cookies or poutine? Maybe a Caeser with your Canadian counterparts or customers? Or perhaps you're just ready to get back onto a plane and see some friendly faces from the North. If you're fully vaccinated, you can travel to Canada without the need to quarantine from most countries.
We've put together an outline of everything you need to know to prepare for what might be your first international trip in a while.
Planning and Prep
Booking your trip
We're ready when you are. Canada is the most popular destination for travel outside of the US and we want to help get you there.
So, if you're planning to travel to Canada soon, reach out to your dedicated Travel Manager directly at any time. From booking and pre-trip preparation to in-journey assistance, we're here to support you every step of the way.
In order to avoid quarantine, fully vaccinated Americans are required to complete up to three negative COVID tests on their journey:
- Within 72 hours of your outbound flight from the US
- Upon landing in Canada (these tests are randomized)
- Within 72 hours of your departure flight back to the US
For information on how and where to get tested in the Canada, see this link. We can, of course, help you arrange this if needed.
Check with your employer on insurance coverage for trip interruption and emergency medical treatment, especially around any exclusions that may apply to Covid-19. Corporate Traveler offers a range of insurance products both for single trip and multi-trip annuals plans from Allianz Travel. Certain accommodations are currently being made by Allianz, like if you get COVID-19 while abroad and need medical care. Click here to learn more and contact your Travel Manager for more information.
Rest and Recharge
What to expect during your stay:
- Contactless Check-In is available with most chains, please check your mobile app should it be available at your specific property
- Cleanliness Standards are in place at each Hotel Brand/Chain
- Some hotels may have a limited or modified service including breakfast, on-site restaurants, and room service
- Face Coverings are required in most indoor settings; please follow local guidelines as they may differ
Returning home to the US
Welcome home! We hope you had a safe trip. Some states still require a mandatory quarantine upon your return from overseas so make sure you have a plan in place. Food delivery can help a lot here, or even just preparing some meals in advance of your trip.
Information on what is required from each site is located on our Travel New Hub.