Feel like toning those muscles or getting in some cardio between flights or on your way to your next meeting in Baltimore? BWI Airport is introducing a post-security fitness facility called ROAM Fitness and have another one set for Charlotte Douglas International Airport in 2017.
The BWI Airport gym opened earlier this month and is located in the new connector between Concourses D and E. The workout space will be open daily from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. and is large enough to accommodate 21 people, who will have access to cardio equipment, stretching space, free weights, kettle bells, medicine balls, stability balls, a TRX system, yoga mats and a pull-up bar.
If you haven’t packed your gym wear then don’t fret as the fitness facility also has workout gear to rent or purchase. There are of course showers so you can freshen up pre and post workout and you will have the option to have your work out wear vacuum sealed before heading out (to stop any lingering smells in your luggage).
What is it going to cost you?
Access to ROAM Fitness at BWI is currently $40 for a day pass, $175 for a monthly pass and $600 for a yearly pass. Passes can be purchased online, on a smartphone or at the door.
Want to get active in other Airports? Other options across the US include:
- The San Francisco International Airport, Yoga Room
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Yoga studio
- Las Vegas McCarran, Fitness Beast Gym
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Start Walking Program
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport, Hilton Hotel Health Club
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Westin Hotel Fitness Studio