App Now Available in Android Version
Less Than a Year After Sam Launched for Corporate Traveler Sister Brand FCM, Updated App Delivers 60+ City Guides, Departure Gate/Baggage Claim Info, Enhanced Geo-Location Directions
Last July clients of Corporate Traveler's sister brand met Sam, a travel-intelligent “chatbot” with the expertise of a skilled consultant that delivers invaluable assistance to business travelers’ fingertips in the form of an app. Less than a year later, Sam has matured and the app is available in an android version. Sam, short for “Smart Assistant for Mobile,” is available at all times: pre-, during, and post-trip. Additional enhancements to the updated app that will assist travelers before, during and after the trip include:
- City guides to 60-plus destinations: More than just a city overview these guides have local maps, all modes of available transportation, helpful hints (how to tip, public Wi-Fi, what converter/plug to use, etc.). There are medical resources and emergency contacts (it’s not 911 everywhere), cost of living differences between hometown and current destination (for coffee, a beer, a burger), top three attractions and restaurants and much more.
- Departure gate and baggage claim information: No searching for screens or straining to hear announcements needed.
- Improved geo-location directions: Travelers can get around with ease with detailed, accurate instructions in cities they are unfamiliar with.
Designed to simplify life for corporate travelers, the anticipatory, travel-savvy “chatbot” will assist with all aspects of travel - itineraries, gate changes, driving directions, weather, restaurant recommendations and reservations. Because no man (or app) is an island, the “call or SMS my consultant” option gets you to a live Corporate Traveler consultant 24 hours a day for live assistance on the go.
Sam is highly interactive and speaks to clients how and on which chat platform they prefer. With the ability to communicate across numerous supported platforms (Facebook Messenger, SMS and more), Sam picks up on cues, such as travel patterns and preferences, and updates travelers accordingly. For example, if it is your first time in a particular city, you will receive more information and recommendations than if it was a standing monthly trip. With rules and settings that can be customized to fit a company’s travel guidelines, Sam will, for example, send a reminder to use taxis over other transportation options if company policy so dictates. Sam can send a prompt to submit a lunch receipt thanks to the integration with Certify, an industry-leading travel and expense management solution. Sam is also integrated with Lyft, a national ride sharing service, to easily help travelers book rides.
Corporate Traveler’s sister brand FCM put the app to the test with some of its largest clients and their most frequent travelers in order to challenge Sam to be sure it was smart and anticipatory, without crossing the line and being intrusive with an abundance of notifications. The feedback has been extremely positive.
There is a self-booking option that is shaped by corporate travel guidelines and preferred supplier plans. Built with speed in mind, the entire process from search to booking can be completed in less than 10 touches (contract-specific option, not available to all).
Other features of Sam include:
- User-specific customizable profiles that allow for anticipatory, savvy service delivery
- Information-rich itineraries presented in chronological order
- Gate and flight change notifications
- Flight/Trip Change & Cancellation Options
- Destination-specific weather updates
- Car rental
- Option to speak with a Corporate Traveler consultant with the touch of a button (SMS option to connect to consultant also available)
- Communication across multiple platforms
- Lyft capabilities for ride sharing (company-configurable, and can be enabled or disabled upon request)
- Expense management with Certify integration; Sam’s savvy comes into play here as it knows the context of the trip and can prompt to photograph receipt and launch your camera app automatically.
- Driving directions
- Restaurant recommendations
Sam is live in the US iTunes App Store for Apple devices and is also available for Android devices. For more and to download the app visit: http://www.corporatetraveler.us/sam