According to reports from the Global Business Travel Association, (GBTA) half of the world’s corporations permit employees to use ride-hailing services such as Lyft.
The percentage of travel policies allowing for ride-hailing use rose to 50% last September from 44% last June, GBTA said, citing a poll it took of more than 3,000 business travelers in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Mexico, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong and Japan. GBTA worked with American Express on the study.
Between June and September 2016, usage of ride-hailing app services rose 21%.
Corporate Traveler only works with the most reliable and secure ground transportation partners. We also know how important it is to listen to our clients as well as the demands of the ever-changing business traveler in a continually evolving technological world. Business travelers need more digital, on-demand booking solutions from travel suppliers and ridesharing applications enable passengers to book a car virtually anytime and from anywhere using smartphone GPS.
This is just one of the many reasons we have partnered with Lyft. Lyft is a ridesharing platform that provides reliable rides to passengers, flexible income for drivers, and economic growth in hundreds of cities. Lyft helps your team get the dependable ride experience they’re looking for. No matter where work takes your employees, you can give them some of the best ground transportation in town.
What will Lyft and Corporate Traveler add to your travel program?
- Provide safe rides with increased transparency and digital protection.
- Cut spending with savings of up to 30% compared to other services.
- Gain visibility into traveler spending and behavior with more data.
- Provide in-policy booking for all of your team’s reasons for riding.
- Rides in 190 cities and global partners.
Safety and Duty of Care
- Lyft requires drivers to pass rigorous background, driving, and vehicle checks.
- Every potential driver is required to undergo both a driving record check and a criminal background check.
- Every driver is screened for criminal offenses and driving incidents.
- Drivers must adhere to state vehicle standards Zero-Tolerance Policy: Lyft has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy for drivers.
- Two-way Ratings: The two-way rating system helps ensure the safety and comfort of the Lyft community.
Get in touch with Corporate Traveler today here (link to contact form) to find out more.